Dual Sound cards???

Status
Not open for further replies.

lester8908

Baseband Member
I have a single audigy zs 2 sound card in my machine and i have logitech 550 speakers. Is it possible to get the same sound card and the same speakers and hook them up?

Re:

Hello,

I'm a tad confoooosed :rolleyes: ...

So you have a soundcard installed, and speakers hooked up to it...right? Do you want to buy and install another soundcard, and then plug another set of speakers to that secondary card?

If so, then this is perfectly possible. But if you ask me, it seems pointless :confused: :rolleyes: . Well you might be doing something involving radio communication, I dunno.

Yes i am hooking a second set of speakers to the secondary sound card. 14.2 surround sound. That could rattle my house to the ground

Re:

Hello,

I see your plans now :D. Some rad plan! As far as i know, you can't output a single stream of audio to two independant sound cards. So, if you play an MP3 file in Windows Media Player, WMP is only capable of outputting and sound to one sound card.

I'm not certain however. There may be a program or utility which can allow for this.

Yeah you can run dual soundcards, I did it for A LONG time

Their are ways for it to output on both soundcards as well, even though it's more tricky

DJ-CHRIS said:
Yeah you can run dual soundcards, I did it for A LONG time

Their are ways for it to output on both soundcards as well, even though it's more tricky

from what I understand having more than 1 sound cards installed will cause an IRQ conflict. you also may have trouble trying to get , for example, winamp to play sound out of 1 card and windows media player to play out the other. My guess is that multiple sound cards do not work under windows, linux might have support for this though.

Naah I have had them working flawlessly without IRQ conflicts in Windows XP, however most consumer software is VERY confused by 2 soundcards.

Re:

Hello,

Two sound cards won't work if they both share the same IRQ or the system doesn't have any IRQs free. But you should be fine anyways.

tried to soundcards but got no video from my graphics card so i dont know what that is all about. what is irq?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom